Our mission statement is:
“To be an exemplar provider of specialist services for individuals who have learning disabilities, mental health problems and other complex needs, ensuring personal safety and that the quality of service users’ lives is maximised”
Inspiration Lifestyle Services strives to provide specialist, high quality sustainable services to younger adults with learning disabilities who may have co-existing mental health problems and behaviours that may challenge other service provision. Our company aims are:
- To ensure that our existing services are delivered in accordance with the values and principles and key performance indicators
- To ensure that all of the staff team working with Inspiration Lifestyle Services possess the appropriate skills, expertise and qualifications relevant to their role
- To ensure that the staff team are supported, developed and receive effective and timely communication appropriate to their roles and responsibilities
- To develop positive relationships with the local communities enabling service users and staff to be active partners fully integrated in day to day events and activities
- To strengthen and develop relationships with professionals and other key stakeholders
- To use and analyse information gathered from a variety of sources to inform any potential service development options
The homes provide 24 hour social care and support by a team of committed and appropriately highly trained support workers. 24 hour residential care and support services is provided for up to 12 adults with learning disabilities including autistic spectrum disorders and behaviours which challenge. ILS aims to provide long term placements, however we recognise that people with learning difficulties may not be looking for a home for life and we are aware that they are often looking for services to help them live the life they are living now. Nursing is not provided at our homes.
Philosophy of care
The team at ILS work towards supporting service users as individuals and encouraging them to achieve their personal goals and aspirations. The team supports our service users to take part in education, training and employment opportunities. We provide opportunities and support choices made by individuals to become part of and participate in the local and wider community. There are opportunities and access to a full range of leisure activities chosen by the individual and appropriate to their needs and capabilities.
Independence and Choice
Every service user is encouraged to be an individual and has the right to be seen and treated as a person and not "as one of the group". Service user bedrooms for example are their own personal space, and this will be respected by individuals within the houses, subject to each person's centered plan for care and support. Service users are encouraged to participate in and give their views on all aspects of life in our houses. In essence, we put people at the forefront of what we do.